||Fixed term (R...
||Jan 20, 2017
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to discovering, and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluates, and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve opportunities for the world’s poor.
TEAM LEADERS, Project Name: Quality Preschool for Ghana
- Reports to: Field Supervisor
- Work Location: Greater Accra Region
- Duration: Maximum two months
- Application deadline: January 20, 2017
- Job Code: TL-QP4G-11122016
The Quality Preschool for Ghana (QP4G) Study is a study being conducted by IPA, Ghana in partnership with researchers at New York University in the United States. The project aims to develop a cost-effective, scalable model of transformational training that would produce significant behaviour change in the largely untrained kindergarten teacher workforce. The participating municipals are La Nkwantanang-Madina Municipal, Ga Central Municipal, Ledzokuku-Krowor Municipal, Adentan Municipal, Ga South Municipal, and Ga East Municipal in the Greater Accra Region. IPA will be conducting the endline survey for the QP4G Study in February 2017.
IPA would like to recruit Team Leaders to form part of the QP4G project team.
The QP4G Team Leader is responsible for managing a survey team and maintaining high quality data collection during the endline surveys.
As part of the responsibilities, the Team Leader will:
- Manage team-level field activities in accordance with IPA/QP4G survey protocols;
- Monitor and assess the quality of the work of interviewers;
- Ensure that field staff have sufficient field supplies and equipment;
- Solve and communicate all problems with team members;
- Edit all administered surveys for the surveyors;
- Manage field records such as survey tracking forms and surveyor attendance;
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Field Manager or Research Associate.
Required Skills or Experience
The Team Leader must satisfy the following requirements:
- A University degree in Social Science, Statistics, Economics or in any related field;
- At least one (1) year of experience in school-based data collection;
- Experience in previous IPA/QP4G field activities;
- Experience in working with Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI);
- Strong leadership experience and good interpersonal skills for teamwork;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments;
- Residency in any one of the project municipals.
How To Apply
Sorry, job has expired.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.