||Jan 12, 2017
- Department: Human Resources
- Reports to: Group HR Head
- Direct Reports: None
- Interfaces with: Entire Business
Job Role Summary:
- The Learning and Development Manager role is to support the overall business strategy and help the business grow through it employees and Learning & Development initiatives.
- Furthermore, the role is to develop and enhance the business’s talent and evolve Neilson’s future leaders.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Plan departmental/functional training budgets, forecast costs and delegate numbers as required by organizational planning and budgeting systems.
- Assess relevant training needs for staff individuals and organization, in consultation with departmental heads, including assessment methods and measurement systems entailed.
- Stay informed as to relevant skill and qualifications levels required by staff for effective performance, and circulates requirements and relevant information to the organization as appropriate.
- Produce organizational strategy and plans to meet training and development needs, and manage training delivery, measurement and follow-up as necessary.
- Design training courses and programmes necessary to meet training needs, or manage this activity via external providers.
- Identify, select and manage external training and accreditation bodies, agencies and providers necessary to deliver required training to appropriate standards.
- Organize training venues, logistics, transport, accommodation as required, to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery.
- Plan and deliver training courses personally where necessary to compliment that provided externally or internally by others.
- Arrange for the maintenance of all necessary equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of training.
- Recruit, manage and develop direct-reporting staff (if applicable).
- Ensure all training activities and materials meet with relevant organizational and statutory policies, including health and safety, employment and equality laws.
- Monitor and report on activities, costs, performance, etc, as required.
- Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times.
Required Skills or Experience
Leadership, Management, Personal Skills, Knowledge, Or Qualities
- Open and approachable management style.
- Able to inspire and leads others to achieve challenging results.
- To work as an individual and to be a team player.
- Confident, articulate and clear communication skills with all level of employees.
- To develop good working relationships with colleagues and other internal departments. Motivational with a positive attitude at all times.
- Confident public speaker.
- Strong organisational skills.
Technical Skills, Or Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Email, Numerically and grammatically accurate.
- Understanding of learning needs analysis.
- Creation of training programs.
Experience & Track Record:
- Thrives in a fast paced, results-oriented environment requiring a high degree of flexibility whilst retaining business disciplines.
- Verbally articulate.
- Previous experience of managing training in multiple countries.
- Previous travel industry experience.
- Previous experience of managing a team and working alongside multiple departments.
- Experience of managing and implementing innovative projects. Previous experience in managing a target-driven sales teams.
- An active interest in skiing, or sailing and other active watersports.
How To Apply
Sorry, job has expired.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.