||Jan 19, 2017
REPORTS TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
To oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of multiple and complex software applications and solutions, IT infrastructure design and data Centre management to deliver robust and dynamic IT services to attain corporate goals.
Strategy & Policy Development
- Provide technical expertise in the development and implementation of the strategic and business plan for the Technology Department as input into the overall corporate strategy of the company.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of policies, standards operating procedures (SOPs), work plan and other support systems including monitoring mechanisms in managing the Technology Department of the company to achieve targeted objectives.
- Responsible for the development of information systems security policies that will ensure maximum protection of the company’s IT systems and deliver software/service specific solutions to meet or exceed customer requirements/expectations.
Software Design & Development
- Provide leadership and manage a team of technical engineers (including Software Designers and Solution Architects) to deliver robust and dynamic software solutions to organization’s and clients in a timely and professional manner in line with approved budgets and specifications.
- Responsible for the design, development and management of multiple, large and complex applications to satisfy the company’s diverse client base.
- Provide technical expertise in the design and development of architectural direction, software applications, IT infrastructure, etc. in line with approved standards and international best practices.
- Provide technical advice and oversee all the stages of product/service development life cycle; that is initial analysis, implementation, integration, testing, debugging and support.
- Oversight responsibility for the development of written documentation and language codes to support software applications and procedures.
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
- Provide leadership in research into new software technologies, tools and methodologies to create and deploy innovations to improve solution functionality in support of client business needs, delivery efficiencies and corporate revenue generation.
- Stay abreast with new and emerging software development technologies and methodologies and develop appropriate training and development programmes to facilitate the training and competency base of the Technical Team and all Technology staff.
- Lead in product advancement, continuous modifications and active enforcement of Software Development Life Cycle and architectural standards to ensure that the company becomes the market leader in software solutions.
IT Infrastructure & Data Centre Management
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the governance processes of the organization’s infrastructure architecture, data centers, telecommunications, networks and communications systems to ensure clients’ satisfaction.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of short/long term strategic plans to ensure that the company’s data Centre capacity meets existing and future operational requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of functional requirements and technical specifications in the acquisition/purchasing of hardware and other peripherals to meet current and future IT needs with regard to emerging technologies and its impact on the company’s operations.
- Lead and direct a team of expertise in the design, development and execution of effective and timely enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plans for the company and its clients in line with approved regulations and standards.
- Oversight responsibility for network and server security (i.e. to actively review, monitor and improve network infrastructure security).
- Responsible for the overall management and usage of software, hardware, data and voice communication resources of the company.
- Responsible for directing and managing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications and other peripherals.
- Oversight responsibility for the monitoring of the Data Centre operations to ensure high level performance with excellent service availability, reliability and maintainability.
- Lead/direct the development and service provision of data management and reporting systems for the company’s clients as well as support other Departments in their data management/reporting systems.
- Lead and provide technical guidance in the development of an integrated and comprehensive database/information system for managing the company’s service delivery activities for existing/ prospective clients.
- Monitor to ensure high product and service quality by minimizing overall product/service defects as well as ensuring optimal system accuracy.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in technology related investigations and recommend corrective actions for prompt resolution to facilitate the operations of the Company.
- Monitor to ensure that the creation and maintenance of all written documentations, including system and user manuals, license agreements and compilation of modifications/upgrades are provided to clients as per contracts.
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and monitor Service Providers to ensure High System availability.
Technical Advisory Support
- Provide technical advice and leadership in the development of information database and resources including Call Centre Services, Assistive Technology Database, Customer Management Suite, etc. to facilitate the Company’s operations.
Stakeholder Relations & Management
- Establish and maintain professional relationship with Service Providers, Corporate Organizations, Clients and other stakeholders to facilitate the operations of the Technology Department and the Company.
- Responsible for defining business and systems requirements for new technology implementations for the company’s clients/customers.
- Negotiate and administer contracts and service agreements to consultants, vendors, outsourcing agencies, etc. in line with approved policies and procedures.
Financial & Audit Management
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget of Group’s Technology Department and monitor its implementation to ensure compliance.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related investments and purchases.
- Participate in IT Tender, Evaluation, Testing, Installation and Acceptance.
- Coordinate all internal and external audit programmes at the Group’s Technology Department and follow-up to ensure that audit queries are handled expeditiously.
Information & Reporting
- Stay abreast with legislations, rules/regulations, new and emerging developments in the IT sector and advise management on new trends/practices and its related business initiatives to enhance software solutions and infrastructural development of the company.
- Proactively identify and direct the development of new and innovative ways of providing IT solutions to clients using IT technology.
- Review and analyze research/studies and improve upon technology standards across the organization to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports on operations/issues relating to IT solutions and other statutory reports.
Employee Performance & Development
- Maintain a team of professional staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, competencies, experience and professional certification to meet the requirements of the company.
- Hold direct reports accountable for managing their assignments to ensure the department’s goals are achieved.
- Conduct performance appraisal and provide input for career development and recommend performance incentives for direct reports.
- Identify training needs and facilitate training for direct reports.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Professional certification/membership with a recognized body is an added advantage.
- At least fifteen (15) years relevant working experience with at least eight (8) years in senior management position.
- Extensive experience in programming and solution architecture.
- Extensive IT knowledge in conceptualizing, developing and leading the implementation of multiple and complex IT solutions/applications
- Hands-on experience in solution architecture; database design; emerging technologies; managing information systems; E-commerce; project management; networks and communications; systems analysis and design
- In-depth technical and industry knowledge
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills with sound decision making
- Strong leadership, managerial, coaching, mentoring and interpersonal skills in a "team" setting
- Strong commercial and financial awareness, monitoring, co-ordination and budget ownership
- Well-developed strategic orientation with competitive awareness and benchmarking.
- Proven planning and organizing skills
- Strong networking and influencing skills
- Results driven with good business judgment and mindset
- Ability to work under pressure in a target driven environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills particularly in on public speaking and presentations
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders in a complex working environmen
How To Apply
Sorry, job has expired.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.