||Jan 19, 2017
REPORTS TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Responsible for overseeing the development, implementation and monitoring of the Company’s corporate communication plans and strategies in order to foster stronger relationships, promote a positive view and effectively manage all stakeholders including Government, Regulatory Bodies, business associations, media and other constituents at the International and National levels.
Strategy & Policy Development
- Develop for review and approval strategic business plans for the Group Corporate Communications Department as input into the overall strategy of the Company.
- Develop internal and external communication plan for the Group Corporate Communications Department for approval and implementation.
- Develop for review and approval of policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs), work plan and other support systems in managing the Group Corporate Communications function of the Company.
Media Relations & Publications
- Respond and serve as the primary spokesperson for all media enquiries.
- Act as the Company’s representative (at Media talk Shows, Interviews etc.) with targeted media and prepare appropriate responses to all media requests.
- Serve as the main information source for all media contact requesting for relevant data and insights on the operations of the Company.
- Facilitate media access with appropriate Departments for interviews, meetings, etc.
- Direct the production of press releases and attractive messages on behalf of the Company.
- Serve as the editor for the Company's Content Management System, Website, Newsletters and publications.
- Research and identify significant media and public policy issues that can be leveraged to support the operations of the Company, create and implement plans to exploit them.
- Approve media releases and website content produced by staff, agencies and contractors in line with approved policies and guidelines.
- Draft correspondence and media messages to meet outreach needs at the request of Management.
- Responsible for administering and managing internal and external communications – via written, printed and electronic mechanism for the sustainable dissemination of information on the Company’s operation in a deliberate and consistent manner.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of the Company’s publications, advertisements, etc.
- Manage content development for media releases, briefings, speeches, reports, feature articles, brochures and articles on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for monitoring the company’s website with primary accountability for internet presentation, content and update in line with best practice.
- Develop for approval and coordinate the standardization (i.e. aesthetics, appearance, etc) of company’s print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, sign boards, etc.
- Nurture relations with the media and organize periodic media briefings.
- Corporate Image
- Develop for approval comprehensive communications programme and monitor its implementation to enhance the Company’s corporate image and position to all stakeholders.
Stakeholder & External Relations
- Participate in stakeholder consultations to enhance the Company’s direct and indirect lobbying of stakeholders and political groupings.
- Provide oversight responsibility for the planning of public education initiatives in line with the Company’s communication strategy.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with MDAs, Regulatory Bodies, Media and other stakeholders to facilitate the activities of the Corporate Communications Department and the Company’s operations.
- Participate in the organization of public forums, durbars and stakeholder consultation meetings.
- Work collaboratively with Management to develop and implement communication strategies that will broaden the public image of the Company, as well as reach and deepen impact on constituents and stakeholders.
Financial & Audit Management
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget for the Group’s Corporate Communications Department and monitor its implementation.
- Coordinate all internal and external audit programmes at the Group’s Corporate Communications Department and follow-up to ensure that audit queries are handled expeditiously.
Information & Reporting
- Develop for approval methods and tools to measure the impact of external communication programmes and make recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer for improvement.
- Develop an integrated and comprehensive database for effective management and dissemination of information to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual report(s) on corporate communications activities and any other statutory report.
- Review press releases and inform respective subsidiaries and departments accordingly.
Employee Performance & Development
- Maintain a team of professional staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, competencies, experience and professional certification to meet the requirements of the department.
- Hold direct reports accountable for managing their assignments to ensure the department’s goals and/or objectives are achieved.
- Conduct performance appraisal and provide input for career development and recommend performance incentives for direct reports.
- Identify training needs and facilitate training for direct reports.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s Degree or its equivalent professional qualification in Public Relations, Communication or related discipline.
- Must be a member of a recognized professional body.
- At least fifteen (15) years working experience with at least eight (8) years in senior management position.
- In-depth understanding of communication management techniques and principles.
- Excellent communications experience that includes a blend of advocacy and media relations, branding and marketing.
- Ability to proactively identify communications opportunities and develop supporting programmes.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the company’s business operations.
- Ability to integrate communications programmes to support the goals and programmes of the company.
- Excellent negotiation and crisis management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and editorial skills.
- Strong leadership, managerial, coaching, mentoring and interpersonal skills in a "team" setting.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of project management.
- Good decision making based on thorough analysis.
- Good knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint and other graphics and presentation software and other communication software.
How To Apply
Sorry, job has expired.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.