||Jan 19, 2017
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), is an international non-profit research organization. Based in New Haven, CT, with offices in Washington, D.C. and worldwide, IPA works with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches to solving development problems, to communicate “what works” in development and to scale up successful projects in a variety of fields, including health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture. IPA has been in Ghana since 2008, and it is now one of IPA’s largest country offices, with a permanent team of more than 50 staff managing and supporting 30 active research projects.
- Reports to: Human Resource Associate
- Location: Accra
- Length of Commitment: Three months
- Desired start date: 1st February, 2017
- Deadline to apply: 19th January, 2017
- Job Code: INT-FOG-412017
IPA Ghana seeks suitable candidates to be considered for the position of Human Resource Intern in the Accra office
- Assist with creating and implementing new filling system for short term contracts
- Download CVs of shortlisted candidates
- Administer test to job applicants
- Manage the printing of contracts for short term staff and ensure they have been duly signed by both parties
- Reconcile signed short term contracts with database to ensure the right individuals are enrolled on insurance
- Support HR Associate in updating HR database
- Support HR Associate in updating HR files
- Perform any other task assigned by the HR Associate
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource or its equivalence is required;
- Attention to detail;
- Basic knowledge in MS Word and Excel;
- Willingness to learn;
- Good interpersonal skills.
Please take note of the following instructions:
- IPA internships are unpaid. However, we will offer stipends/allowances to cater for transportation and food.
- Though the deadline for receiving applications is 19th January 2017, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until suitable candidates are found.
- Your CV will be required to complete the application form.
- Incomplete applications or applications not completed through the web-form will not be considered.
- Due to high volume of applications received, IPA will only contact shortlisted candidates.
How To Apply
Sorry, job has expired.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.