||Jan 13, 2017
An excellent opportunity for a proactive and enthusiastic person to join a well-established Insurance Company as Reinsurance Officer
- Report to: Head of Reinsurance
- Job Location: Head Office, Accra
The successful candidate will be responsible for routine reinsurance duties and will among other things manage the Companies reinsurance arrangements for all classes of business written by the Company and assist in the implementation of the Company’s reinsurance programme.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare relevant Reinsurance reports for management at the prescribed dates.
- Ensure effective management of Treaty accounts at all times
- Reconcile reinsurance Premiums and Commissions ( inwards & outwards) for accurate management reporting
- Reconcile premium/claims positions for all Insurance/Reinsurance Companies
- Issue all end of year reinsurance reports including XL Adjustments, Portfolio Transfers and Profit Commission and others.
- Manage Facultative (outward/Inward) Portfolio to 100% compliance with the policy
- Ensure all monthly, quarterly, annual regulatory returns are submitted by set dates
- Operates calculator to verify computations made by prime insurer.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or a related subject.
- Have at least three (2) years post National Services working experience in Underwriting or Reinsurance
- Membership of insurance professional body will be an advantage
- Good insurance knowledge plus appreciation of underwriting tools
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Very meticulous and tactful
How To Apply
Sorry, job has expired.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.