Company Ghana Federat...
Category International...
Location Accra
Job Status Full-time
Salary GH¢ 
Education Qualified
Experience N/A
Job Expires Nov 23, 2023
Contact ...

Company Profile

Ghana Federation of Disability Organisations (GFD) an umbrella organisation that which brings together key organisations of persons with disabilities in Ghana. GFD champions engagements towards assuring the rights of persons with disabilities to access education, employment, health, economic welfare, recreation, the built environment, justice, information and governance. GFD works with its partners to advocate a legislative regime which is sensitive to all persons with disabilities in Ghana.

Organisations of Persons with disabilities represented by their Women Wings drive the work of achieving their full inclusion in the organizations and in the society on an equal basis with others. However, gaps in programming and a lack of access to funding often result in the needs of women with disabilities being overlooked during the development and implementation of policies and programmes.
It is therefore important for the capacity of the women wings to drive their own agendas, increase their visibility within the disability movement in Ghana through policy implementation.

With funding support from the Disability Rights Fund, GFD has identified 3 women’s wings of Organisations of persons with disabilities to support in their capacity strengthening, improve their knowledge on women’s rights and advocacy skills to promote the gender equality and responsiveness in their organisations. This aligns with CRPD articles 6 (Women with Disabilities) and 5 (Equality and Non-discrimination).

Job Description

Objectives of the assignment are:
  1. Support two organizations to develop their gender policies and one organization to review its gender policies/strategies in line with best practices to enhance the inclusion of women with disabilities in all programs and activities
  2. Develop gender policy for women with disabilities base on existing national gender policies and rights of women with disabilities.
  3. Develop strategy that will lead to the mainstreaming the issues of women with disabilities in the agendas of the organizations and enhance their independence
Scope of Work:
GFD is seeking the services of a consultant to develop and review Gender policies and strategies of the selected OPDs.
Expected Deliverables
Provide the first draft of the policies and strategies within the agreed upon timeline mentioned. The Policy should comprise the following but not limited to:
  1. The overview of the situation/status of women with disabilities in Ghana.
  2. Objectives of the policy
  3. Gender integration at the governance and the decision-making levels
  4. Gender integration into programmes and activities
  5. Monitoring and Evaluation
  6. Inclusive Budgeting
  7. Implementation and accountability
Further to the above activities, the consultant will have stakeholder consultations with the OPDs during the development processes and have a validation session with OPDs after the development.
Responsibilities and Management Arrangements
The Project Officer will oversee the implementation of the assignment.
Consultant shall spend 20 working days for the assignment; one day for validation workshop with GFD and its stakeholders and two days to finalize policies.
The budget for the development of the framework will be managed by Ghana Federation of Disability Organisations (GFD).
Payment schedule
The consultant should submit the total budget with detail breakdown including applicable government taxes. Sixty percent (60%) amount will be paid after signing of the agreement and remaining forty percent (40%) amount will be paid after submission of Policies

Required Skills or Experience

Key Qualification for Consultant/ consultancy firm:

  1. Proven experience in Policy development in the country.
  2. Preferably familiar with the national and international gender legislations.
  3. Familiar with disability issues particularly women and girls with disabilities.
  4. Proven ability to coordinate well and smoothly with contracting agencies and relevant stakeholders.
  5. Knowledge about the Persons with Disability Act, 2006 (Act 715), United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD), the Gender Policy, Convention on the Elimination of all forms of discrimination against Women
  6. Strong knowledge of policy analysis.
  7. Strong commitment to deliver high quality output that is suited to the needs of persons with disabilities in making society inclusive.


How To Apply

Sorry, job has expired.


Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting and will only shortlist the most qualified candidates. Also is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent will result in a candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.
To Top