||Fixed term (R...
||Jan 20, 2017
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to discovering, and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluates, and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve opportunities for the world’s poor.
INTERVIEWERS/VIDEOGRAPHERS, Project Name: Quality Preschool for Ghana
- Reports to: Team Leader
- Work Location: Greater Accra Region
- Duration: Maximum two months
- Application deadline: January 20, 2017
- Job Code: INT-QP4G-11122016
The Quality Preschool for Ghana (QP4G) Study is a study being conducted by IPA, Ghana in partnership with researchers at New York University in the United States. The project aims to develop a cost-effective, scalable model of transformational training that would produce significant behaviour change in the largely untrained kindergarten teacher workforce. The participating municipals are La Nkwantanang-Madina Municipal, Ga Central Municipal, Ledzokuku-Krowor Municipal, Adentan Municipal, Ga South Municipal, and Ga East Municipal in the Greater Accra Region. IPA will be conducting the endline survey for the QP4G Study in February 2017.
IPA would like to recruit Interviewers/Videographers to form part of the QP4G project team.
The QP4G Interviewer is responsible for administering Kindergarten Teacher Survey and conducting classroom observations through video recordings in selected schools.
As part of the responsibilities, the Interviewer/Videographer will:
- Conduct in-person teacher interviews in line with IPA/QP4G survey protocols;
- Conduct classroom observations by recording videos on classroom processes and systems in line with IPA/QP4G survey protocols;
- Ensure that surveys/video recordings are conducted in an ethical, honest, and rigorous manner;
- Maintain confidentiality of data gathered;
- Conduct back checks on administered surveys.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
The Interviewer/Videographer must satisfy the following requirements:
- A University degree in Social Science, Statistics, Economics or in any related field;
- At least six months of experience in school-based data collection;
- Experience in IPA surveys and QP4G teacher surveys and classroom observations;
- Experience in working with Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI);
- Good interpersonal skills for teamwork;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be smart and be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Residency in any one of the project municipals.
How To Apply
Sorry, job has expired.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.