||Jan 30, 2017
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job:
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and managing an effective Risk and AML/CFT Compliance program.
- Also responsible for effective business analytics, budgeting and financial operations to drive the overall mobile financial services strategy.
- Develop AML/CTF and Compliance initiatives and programs to comply with the legal, regulatory and licensing requirements in Ghana.
- Keep track and monitor regulatory changes, assist in preparing for impending regulatory changes or revisions to licensing structure, if applicable.
- Ensure the management of the end-to-end suspicious transaction reporting (STR) process, including monitoring/reviewing for STR, filing STR, closing/archiving STR and reporting on STR, as required to Bank of Ghana or the FIC.
- Ensure full training of staff, agents and subscribers on AML/CFT awareness, detection and reporting requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between Bank of Ghana/ FIC and MobileMoney Ltd and report on all issues relating to money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Regularly update the Board of MobileMoney Ltd on AML/CFT Compliance status and pending issues being addressed.
- Identify and assist in the implementation of mitigating measures to manage key risks inherent in mobile money operations.
- Have oversight of mobile financial operations and ensure full adherence to financial process for reconciliation and settlements.
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of AML and fraud related policies, procedures and process.
- Provide business reports & analytics on mobile money services performance (product revenue, regional/district trends, Agents performance etc).
- Ensure effective monitoring and accounting of mobile money Opex budget.
- Coordinate and the preparation of Mobile Financial Services budgets and management reports.
- Ensure smooth operation and implementation of adequate reports within the Risksecure AML to effectively monitor suspicious transactions
- Ensure timely provision of mobile financial services update & reports to Bank of Ghana.
- Manage field and service centre representative payment reports & requests.
- Float Monitoring & Support – Mobile Money Merchants and Super Merchants.
- Ensure implementation of adequate controls and audit actions to mitigate and prevent exposure.
- Manage the development of PPP’s to guide effective operational compliance and ensure adherence to safe e-money practices.
- Ensure effective review of Users profiles and prepare quarterly report
- Manage, design, and implement models and programs to effectively and proactively mitigate fraud risk and AML on the mobile money service.
- Engagement of Third parties on all external SLAs
- Drive development of mobile financial service business plan and strategy implementation.
- Ensure that MobileMoney Ltd operates in compliance with regulatory framework and licensing requirements
- Support in the design, development, and implementation of a risk assessment framework for products, services and customers.
Required Skills or Experience
- A Degree in Statistics/ Mathematics/ Banking/ Risk Management/Strategy/ Finance and professional finance qualification (ACIB / CA / ACCA / CIMA)/ Certified Compliance Officer (CCO certification), ACAMS - Membership.
- CISA certification will be an advantage
- 8 years relevant experience in mobile financial services or banking industry, with at least 5 years in a managerial role and experience in AML and Compliance management.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.