||Eastern & Cen...
||Jan 20, 2017
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a United States-based non-profit organization dedicated to discovering, and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA designs, rigorously evaluates, and refines these solutions and their applications together with decision-makers to ensure that the evidence created is used to improve opportunities for the world’s poor.
Surveyors, Project Name: Women and Democracy
- Reports to: Team Leaders
- Work Location: Eastern & Central Regions
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Application deadline: 20th January, 2017
- Job Code: SUR-WD-612017
IPA is seeking to hire Surveyors to work on “Women and Democracy” project. The survey seeks to find best approaches in addressing social norms in Ghana that constrain the full participation of women in political life and also examine the consequences of increased women's participation in politics. Survey teams will collect data from 6 districts in the Eastern (Abetifi, Birim North, Upper Manya Krobo,) and Central (Mfantseman, Gomoa West and Ajumako Enyan Esiam District) regions of Ghana. The work will require extensive travel within the districts.
IPA would like to recruit surveyors to form part of the Women and Democracy project team.
As part of the responsibilities, the Surveyor will:
- Administer interviews to research participants chosen by the IPA Project Managers, or as directed by the team leader and field supervisor
- Ensure that surveys are administered in an ethical, honest, and rigorous manner
- Adhere to all other IPA survey protocols
- Debrief with the IPA Team Leader at any time with questions or concerns
- Promptly respond to contact from the IPA Field Managers, Field Supervisors, Team Leaders, or other IPA staff
- Perform other duties related to the project that may be assigned to him/her
Required Skills or Experience
The Surveyor must satisfy the following requirements:
- A diploma or University degree in any field
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong oral proficiency and basic grammatical knowledge in any of the following local languages Dangme, Fante and Twi
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with little or no supervision
- Previous experience with the Women and Democracy project in a similar role will be an added advantage
- Experience in using technology in field data collection will be an added advantage
How To Apply
Sorry, job has expired.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.