||Eastern & Cen...
||Jan 20, 2017
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), is an international non-profit research organization. Based in New Haven, CT, with offices in Washington, D.C. and worldwide, IPA works with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches to solving development problems, to communicate “what works” in development and to scale up successful projects in a variety of fields, including health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture. IPA has been in Ghana since 2008, and it is now one of IPA’s largest country offices, with a permanent team of more than 50 staff managing and supporting 30 active research projects.
Surveyors, Project Name: Women and Democracy
- Reports to: Team Leaders
- Work Location: Eastern & Central Regions
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Application deadline: 20th January, 2017
- Job Code: SUR-WD-612017
IPA is seeking to hire Surveyors to work on “Women and Democracy” project. The survey seeks to find best approaches in addressing social norms in Ghana that constrain the full participation of women in political life and also examine the consequences of increased women's participation in politics. Survey teams will collect data from 6 districts in the Eastern (Abetifi, Birim North, Upper Manya Krobo,) and Central (Mfantseman, Gomoa West and Ajumako Enyan Esiam District) regions of Ghana. The work will require extensive travel within the districts.
IPA would like to recruit surveyors to form part of the Women and Democracy project team.
As part of the responsibilities, the Surveyor will:
- Administer interviews to research participants chosen by the IPA Project Managers, or as directed by the team leader and field supervisor
- Ensure that surveys are administered in an ethical, honest, and rigorous manner
- Adhere to all other IPA survey protocols
- Debrief with the IPA Team Leader at any time with questions or concerns
- Promptly respond to contact from the IPA Field Managers, Field Supervisors, Team Leaders, or other IPA staff
- Perform other duties related to the project that may be assigned to him/her
Required Skills or Experience
The Surveyor must satisfy the following requirements:
- A diploma or University degree in any field
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong oral proficiency and basic grammatical knowledge in any of the following local languages Dangme, Fante and Twi
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with little or no supervision
- Previous experience with the Women and Democracy project in a similar role will be an added advantage
- Experience in using technology in field data collection will be an added advantage
How To Apply
Sorry, job has expired.
Please note, employers receive numerous applications per posting. As such, employers will only shortlist the most qualified candidates for their posting. Also
Jobsinghana.com is not involved in any decision made by an employer/recruiter and therefore does not guarantee that applications sent
by job seekers will result in that candidate being shortlisted/selected for that position.