Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organisation representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa; Southern Africa; Western Africa; and the Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs policy and strategic development of the organisation.
TERMS OF REFERENCE - PROVISION OF HR TEAM BUILDING FACILITATION FOR FAIRTRADE AFRICA STAFF
FTA is seeking a qualified consultant to facilitate a three day team building exercise and to compile a report outlining the workshop's proceedings, including practical recommendations and operational tools which can be used by the team in the future. The West African Network has a total of 23 staff. 13 staff are based in Accra, Ghana, 9 in Abidjan Côte d'Ivoire, and 1 in Senegal.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
To facilitate and moderate a team building retreat team building process that will improve staff motivation and communication, and enhance knowledge sharing and
- Preparation/planning of the team building retreat workshop:
- A customized training and team building plan clearly articulating the objectives of the team building exercise;
- Interactive and flexible facilitation tools and material aids for brainstorming prepared prior to the workshop.
- Facilitation of the team building retreat workshop:
- Interdepartmental interactions - knowledge sharing session between the programmes activities underway within the different projects;
- Brain storming sessions aimed at identifying the mandates and harmonization of the project activities;
- Brain storming sessions resulting in a suggested operational structure and communication skills/strategy within/by the organization;
- A team building component to enhance team work;
- The output of the retreat workshop should be a brief report outlining:
- The retreat workshop proceedings and key outcomes;
- Strategic recommendations on corporate deliveries for the programme;
- Strategic recommendations on the institutional design/operational design
The team building exercise should be creatively organized to include strategic brainstorming sessions aimed at helping the staff to develop and articulate corporate and individual work plans to ensure optimal delivery of the programme outputs. More time shall be given to outdoor /interactive / participatory activities
The consultant is expected to design this process and to assign time frames to it.
- Ensuring that the personnel develop clear working arrangements for the effective delivery of the work plans and or duties and responsibilities outlined in their job descriptions/terms of references;
- Initiating the discussion on the most suitable institutional operational structure and sharing the best communication practices;
- Supporting the team in clarifying their respective goals and objectives with respect to the ideology of the organization;
- Facilitating sessions that would help identify those issues which have the potential to inhibit the team from reaching its goals;
- Addressing those issues, removing the inhibitors and enabling the goals of peace building and conflict transformation interventions to be achieved;
- Improving the communication between line managers and their direct reports;
- Identifying strengths and capacity needs of members and providing appropriate recommendations;
- Satisfying the expectations of all staff for the team building exercise.